Gifts & Donations
The Library welcomes and appreciates donor support. Financial and material gifts are gladly accepted in accordance with the Gaston County Public Library's Book and Materials Selection Policy:
- Gifts must meet selection criteria and standards applied to purchased library resources
- No conditions may be imposed on the Library relating to gifts and donations accepted by the Library
- The Library reserves the right to evaluate all donated and freely distributed items for inclusion in either the Library's materials collections or the annual Friends of the Library Book Sales
- The Library cannot assign a monetary value to direct item gifts and donations. An itemized receipt is provided for tax purposes upon request
The GIVE-A-BOOK Program provides an opportunity for donors to recognize family, friends, and associates via designated honor/memorial gifts to the Library.
- Complete and return the Give-a-Book Request Form (PDF). You can mail the completed form to:
Give a Book
1555 E Garrison Boulevard
Gastonia, NC 28054.
- The library will order the selected gift. Note: Gift selections must be consistent with the Gaston County Library's Materials Selection Policy.
- Give-a-Book selections are processed with a gift plate bearing the donor's name. Honor and memorial gifts have gift plates bearing the names of both honoree and donor.
- Donors, honorees, and/or family members may request to be first borrowers.
- Donors may request tax receipts for Give-a-Book donations.
Please contact Library Administration for additional information regarding gifts and donations.