Gifts & Donations
The Library welcomes and appreciates donor support. Financial and material gifts are gladly accepted in accordance with the Gaston County Public Library’s BOOK AND MATERIALS SELECTION POLICY:
Gifts must meet selection criteria and standards applied to purchased library resources;
No conditions may be imposed on the Library relating to gifts and donations accepted by the Library;
The Library reserves the right to evaluate all donated and freely distributed items for inclusion in either the Library’s materials collections or the annual Friends of the Library Book Sales;
The Library cannot assign a monetary value to direct item gifts and donations. An itemized receipt is provided for tax purposes upon request.
The GIVE-A-BOOK Program provides opportunity for donors to recognize
family, friends, and associates via designated honor/memorial gifts to the Library.
- Complete and return the form below. You can mail the completed form to GIVE A BOOK, 1555 E. Garrison Blvd. Gastonia, NC 28054.
- The library will order the selected gift. NOTE: Gift selections must be consistent with the Gaston County Library's Materials Selection Policy.
- GIVE-A-BOOK selections are processed with a gift plate bearing the donor's name. Honor and memorial gifts have gift plates bearing the names of both honoree and donor.
- Donors, honorees, and/or family members may request to be first borrowers.
- Donors may request tax receipts for GIVE-A-BOOK donations.
Please contact Library Administration for additional information regarding gifts and donations.