Most magazines are only available at the Main Library in Gastonia, NC. Please contact your local Branch Libraries for information on magazines available at their location. Our magazines are not available for check-out unless otherwise noted.
For more information on locating magazine articles on a specific topic, see our guide to Finding Magazine Articles.
If we do not have access to a journal, magazine, or newspaper, we may be able to obtain a copy of a specific article through Interlibrary Loan. Fill out an Interlibrary Loan request online or ask your local library staff member for assistance.
Read magazines online with your library card!
- Zinio provides free access to full digital copies of magazines the library has subscribed to; these digital magazines can be viewed on a computer or mobile device with internet access. A library card is required and you will need to create a Zinio account.
- North Carolina Digital Library provides free access to full digital copies of many popular magazines, and can be viewed on a computer or mobile device with internet access. A library card is required.
- NCLive.org is a collection of online databases that provide free access to journals, magazines, and newspapers. A library card is required. If you are interested in seeing if a specific journal, magazine, or newspaper is included in NC Live, start with their "Search by Title" page.
Search Journals, Magazines, & Newspapers
Genealogy & Local History
The North Carolina Collection at the Main Library contains many specialized magazines on genealogy and local history that are not included on this page because they are in our catalog. For a full list, see our guide to NCC Magazines.
Local School and Government Meeting Notes
- CITY OF GASTONIA CITY COUNCIL AGENDA and MINUTES
Sept 1981 -
Last 3 years plus current year shelved in Reference. Earlier years are in storage; please ask for assistance at the Reference Desk.
Some archives are available online at http://www.cityofgastonia.com/government/agendas-minutes-and-videos.html
- GASTON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS NOTES and AGENDA
23 July 1979 -
Shelved in Reference, call number [R352.97567 MIN NC].
Available online at http://www.gastongov.com/departments/county-commission/agendas-minutes-meeting-schedule
Also known as: "Gaston County Court Minutes" or "Minutes of the Meetings."
- GASTON COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD AGENDA
Bound with "Gaston County Board of Education Meeting" in Reference, call number R379.1531 GAS NC.
Agendas available online at http://www.gaston.k12.nc.us/domain/92
- GASTON COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD BRIEFS
Shelved in Reference.
School Board Briefs available online at http://www.gaston.k12.nc.us/domain/91
Children & Teens
Current issues of these magazines are available in Children's Services at the Main Library.
- AMERICAN GIRL
- HIGHLIGHTS FOR CHILDREN
- HIGHLIGHTS HI-FIVE
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS
- RANGER RICK
- SPORTS ILLUSTRATED FOR KIDS
Current issues of these magazines are available in the Teen Reading Area at the Main Library.
- BOYS' LIFE
- SEVENTEEN [Spanish]
- TEEN INK
See our Alphabetical List of magazines to view the rest of our magazine holdings.
Author: Gaston County Public Library
Revised: 19 April 2016