"Public View" Documents
Public Meetings / Comment Periods
City of Gastonia/Gastonia Consortium ANNUAL ACTION PLAN DRAFT : July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018; YEAR 3. (pdf file.)
Public Comment Period: Monday, March 13, 2017 - Thursday April 13, 2017 For a schedule of meetings, please view: FY2017-2018 Annual Action Plan Public Hearing: Monday 13 March 2017, 6:00pm - 7:00pm in the City Council Chamber at City Hall, 181 S South Street, Gastonia.
Gaston County, NC 2035 Comprehensive Land Use Plan Meetings Begin June 9, 2016.
For a schedule of meetings, please view: 2035 Comp Plan Meetings (pdf file.) For more information, please contact (704) 866-3909.
Notice of Intent to Redevelop a Brownfields Property located at 1925 West Poplar St, Gastonia. Written comments due by Sept. 23, 2015; written requests for a public meeting should be submitted by Sept. 14. For further information, see the document. See Public View File below.
City of Gastonia/Gastonia Consortium ANNUAL ACTION PLAN DRAFT, July 1, 2016-June 30, 2017, YEAR 2.
Public Comment Period: Monday, March 14, 2016 through Thursday, April 14, 2016. For further information, see the document. See Public View File below.
Notice of Intent to Redevelop a Brownfields Property located at 808 East Garrison Blvd, Gastonia, the former site of Faile's Mini-Mart. Written comments due by April 27, 2016; written requests for a public meeting should be submitted by April 18. For further information, see the document. See Public View File below.
Public View File
The Public View File is behind the Reference Desk at the Main Library in Gastonia (1555 E. Garrison Blvd.). It contains materials which are either very short or have a short comment period.
Currently on view:
- Remedial Action Plan*(on CD-ROM) of Former Gastonia MGP Site located at 859 North Marietta Street.
30–day public comment period from November 8 - December 7, 2015.
*This can also be accessed online at https://edm.nc.gov/DENR-Portal/ Under "Property Criteria" enter NCD986188829 in the Value box.
- See above: Notice of Intent to Redevelop a Brownfields Property located at 1925 West Poplar St, Gastonia.
- See above: Notice of Intent to Redevelop a Brownfields Property located at 808 East Garrison Blvd, Gastonia.
- See above: City of Gastonia/Gastonia Consortium ANNUAL ACTION PLAN DRAFT, July 1, 2016-June 30, 2017, YEAR 2. [15 March 2016]
- [DRAFT] City of Gastonia / Gastonia Consortium 2015 - 2020 Consolidated Plan [March 9, 2015]
- Notice of Intent to Redevelop a Brownfields Property: Witten Lumber Site at 310 E Long Ave, Gastonia NC. [14 May 2014]
- State of North Carolina Utilities Commission. Documents relating to ongoing cases.
Radio station documents that the library receives under Federal Communication Commission requirements are stored elsewhere in the library due to their bulk. Ask at the Reference desk to see these.
- The Way Forward: 2040 Metropolitan Transportation Plan at http://www.gclmpo.org/documents/MTP2040COMPLETEPLAN.pdf.
Gaston East-West Connector, I-85 to I-485 and NC160, Gaston and Mecklenburg Counties, Federal Aid Project number Stp-1213(6), State Project no. 8.2812501.TA.1, STIP no. U-3321 :Administrative Action Draft Environmental Impact Statement, 2 vols (R625.7 GAS). At the Reference Desk at Gastonia Main Library and at the Belmont, Bessemer City, Lowell and Union Road branches. See our locations and hours.
Reference and circulating copies of the Citizens Summary (625.7 GAS) [16 p.] are at all Gaston County branches.
Corridor Design Public Hearing Map [cartographic material] :Gaston East-West Connector, STIP no. U-3321, Gaston and Mecklenburg Counties, April 24, 2009. This map is at the Reference Desk at Gastonia Main Library and at the Belmont, Bessemer City, Lowell and Union Road branches.
Also see the Final Environmental Impact Statement, below in Cataloged Documents, R625.7 GAS 2010.
Also see the N. C. DOT website: http://www.ncdot.gov/projects/gardenparkway
Renewable Fuel Facility Material Separation Plan, ReVenture Park
Renewable Fuel Facility Material Separation Plan, ReVenture Park aka Martin-Marietta, Sodyeco Superfund site. This preliminary plan is available at www.ReVenturePark.com. The proposed facility will be on the Catawba River across from Mount Holly.
For EPA documents on this Superfund site, formerly Sodyeco Inc., see below under Cataloged Materials.
Grant Application Announcements
Public Hearing Announcements
Other Public Announcements
Some public view materials are "cataloged", that is, they are given a call number and shelved in the library's collection. Check the Catalog to find where else copies may be located in the libraries besides the Reference section at the Main Library.
Currently in collection:
- R363.7 MAR NC. Martin-Marietta, Sodyeco, Inc. (amendment to record of decision) NPL site administrative record, 7 binders, by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and ASRC Management Services. Additonal documents are added as received. At the Mount Holly Library. A PDF copy is at the Main Library on the Database computers.
- R352 ADO. Gaston County Adopted Budget. At the Reference Desk. Also online with other county documents: http://www.gastongov.com/document-center.
- R352.97567 Min NC. Gaston County Commissioners' Meetings Agendas and Notes [minutes]. Shelved in Reference Collection. Also online at http://www.gastongov.com/departments/county-commission/agendas-minutes-meeting-schedule.
- R379.1531 COM NC. Comprehensive Annual Financial Report of the Gaston County Board of Education.
- City of Gastonia City Council Meetings. Shelved in Reference Collection. Agendas and minutes are also online: http://www.cityofgastonia.com/government/agendas-minutes-and-videos.html.
- R352 CIT. City of Gastonia Budget [various documents]. At the Reference Desk. Various city budget documents are also online: http://www.cityofgastonia.com/government/city-budget.html.
- R307.76 GAS NC. Gastonia 2025 comprehensive plan. Also online: http://www.cityofgastonia.com/plans-and-maps2/plans.html.
- 368.122 FLO NC. Flood Insurance Study: Gaston County, North Carolina and Incorporated Areas. For the accompanying maps, ask at the Reference desk.
- R363.128 DAV NC [multiple volumes]. Davis Park Road Superfund Site. By the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region IV. More at R363.728 Dav.
- R363.7 HEM NC [CD-ROM]. Hemphill Road TCE. By the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region IV.
- R363.728 JAD NC. Jadco-Hughes Site. By the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region IV.
- R363.728 UNI NC. Site Inspection Report, Camp Greene, Charlotte, North Carolina.
- R363.728 UNI. Site Inspection Report, Spencer Mountain Rifle Range, Gaston County, North Carolina.
- R388.1 NOR NC [var. yr.]. North Carolina Dept. of Transportation Transportation Improvement Program. Shows planned highway projects. Current draft available online: https://connect.ncdot.gov/projects/planning/Pages/default.aspx.
- R363.7285 GAS NC. Solid Waste Mangement Plan Three-Year Update: Gaston County and Municipalities (June 2009).
- R621.31 DUK [11 vols. on CD]. Catawba-Wateree Project, FERC #2232: Application for New License, by Duke Energy. The application is for a 50 year renewal; the current license expires Aug. 31, 2008. Ask at the Reference Desk. The Final Environmental Impact Statement for the Catawba-Wateree Hydroelectric Project (Project No. 2232-522) issued July 23, 2009, can be read online: http://www.ferc.gov/industries/hydropower/enviro/eis/2009/07-23-09.asp.
- R625.7 GAS 2010 (2 vols). Gaston East-West Connector Administrative Action Final Environmental Impact Statement. Dec. 2010. At Reference Desk.
Some documents are now placed on Internet sites rather than distributed as text documents.
- Gaston County Comprehensive Plan may be viewed online. This plan was approved on Nov. 14, 2002.
- R352 CIT. City of Gastonia Budget [various documents]. At the Reference Desk. See the current Budget at http://www.cityofgastonia.com/city-budget/fy-2015.html.
- FAQ about the Gaston County Unified Development Ordinance, new zoning regulations, effective July 1, 2008, see http://www.gastongov.com/departments/planning/general/frequently-asked-questions.
- The Carolina Thread Trail, is a regional network of greenways and trails that will reach 15 counties and 2.3 million citizens. See http://www.carolinathreadtrail.org/ for maps, planning information, hearings, etc.
Other current "short-term" comment documents:
The United States government publishes The Federal Register, the official daily record of presidential proclamations, executive orders, and agency regulations. Proposed rules and other public notices on matters requiring public comment are also published in the Register which is online at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/browse/collection.action?collectionCode=FR.
To comment on Federal regulations and documents published in the Register, go to http://www.regulations.gov/.
The North Carolina Register which serves the same purpose as the U. S. publication above for North Carolina is received at the library in paper format and shelved on Row 17 in the Reference section. It is also online at http://www.oah.state.nc.us/rules/register/.
For more links to government web sites, see the following Library Research Guides:
Author: Gaston County Public Library
Title: Public View Documents
Revised: 13 Mar 2017
There is currently no content available.