U. S. Census 1940 Enumeration Districts: Lincoln County
When the 1940 census is released for public use on April 2, 2012, it will not yet be indexed. You can locate people by identifying the Enumeration District in which they lived in 1940 and then browsing the census population schedules for that district.
First, search for any clues that will narrow down the person's address such as city directories, old letters and documents, and the 1930 census.
A 4 page list of the Enumeration Districts in Lincoln County has been produced by the The National Archives. Copies will be available at all the libraries. This is an index of the Lincoln County places and streets mentioned, giving the page number in the list.
- C. and N. W. Rwy. see Carolina and Northwestern Railway
- Carolina and Northwestern Railway, p. 3, 4
- Catawba Springs township, p. 1
- Crouse, p. 1
- Laboratory, p. 4
- Leepers Creek, p. 2
- Lincoln County Home, p. 2
- Lincoln County Jail, p. 3
- Lincoln Hospital, p. 3
- Lincolnton [town], p. 2, 3
- Lincolnton township [outside city], p. 3, 4
- Long Shoals, p.
- S. A. L. Rwy. see Seaboard Air Line Railroad
- Seaboard Air Line Railroad, p. 2, 3, 4
- Southeast Lincolnton, p. 3
- Southside, p. 4
- State Road 27, p. 1, 4
- State Road 73, p. 1
- State Road 150, p. 2
- State Road 271, p. 1
- State Road 274, p. 4