WARNING! To use any of these websites, you MUST have an E-mail address!
If you do not have one, please see a librarian for help getting free email.
North Carolina Division of Employment Security (NCESC)
Gaston County Office
- Resume preparation help
- Tools for Self-Assisted Job Search (includes free printing, faxing, and telephone use for job-related activity)
Get Help Finding a Job
Goodwill Job Connections
Offers computer access and training, job board, telephone, voice mail, copier, fax, resume preparation, mock interviews, and career counselors:
Gaston County Job Connection
Goodwill Community Foundation, Inc. offers free online tutorials in computer technology such as office/mobile apps, and other work skills:
Gaston College offers several No Cost Classes for people who are unemployed, notified of pending layoff, working and eligible for Federal Earned Income Tax Credit, or earning a wage at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. Classes include Basic Computer Technology, Occupational Effectiveness Skills, Truck Driver Training, and A+ on Your Next Interview. For class information, call 704-922-2244.
Gaston College also offers GED preparation and testing. For more information on test preparation, call 704-922-6320.
Veterans Employment and Training Service (VETS) - United States Department of Labor
Offers a one-stop online employment services website, veterans.gov, with links to job centers around the country, career-path exploration, approved local training programs, colleges and universities, listings for federal jobs; as well as advice on how to start a business, and guidance for employers looking to hire veterans.
These web sites include job advertisements for the Gaston County region:
Paper copies of both the Gazette and the Observer are available at all library branches.
Local Government Jobs
- Gaston County: Job openings are also posted on the County Jobline at 704-866-3118. New openings are posted each Monday.
- Gaston County Towns & Cities (Wikipedia): A list of the towns & cities in Gaston County; check the website of each town or city for job postings.
- Lincoln County
- Cleveland County
- Jobs with the State of North Carolina
- South Carolina E-Recruitment System: Look for jobs in the following nearby counties in South Carolina: Cherokee, York, Spartanburg, Lancaster, Union, and Chester.
- USA Jobs: Jobs with the USA government.
The following websites provide free access to job listings:
Thinking about changing careers? O*NET online (U.S. Dept. of Labor) has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
Be sure to read this article on Bad Job Sites before you start providing your personal information on the web.
Author: Gaston County Public Library
Title: Job Hunting
Revised: 15 December 2016