Interlibrary Loan Request
This form is to request a book NOT owned by any library in the Gaston County Public Library system.
Call the library for help placing requests for materials we do own.
Note: The Gaston County Public Library is in compliance with the North Carolina Interlibrary Loan Code. Interlibrary loan service is available for general or personal use and is not to be used in the support of academic programs for the local schools and colleges. To request an Interlibrary Loan you must comply with the following.
- Patron must have an ADULT Gaston County Public Library card in good standing before requesting an Interlibrary Loan.
- Item requested must be at least a year old.
- Titles already owned by our library cannot be requested unless missing.
- We cannot request Audio-Visual materials (cassettes, videotapes, DVDs, etc.).
- Items must be picked up within seven days of notification or they will be returned to the lending library. Any fines charged will be applied to the patron’s account.
- The patron is responsible for any fees charged by the lending library. Please indicate in the MAXCOST field how much you would be willing to pay.
- The patron is responsible for any replacement costs if the item is lost or damaged.
- Interlibrary loan requests will be limited to 4 items at one time. This means 4 in any stage of progress----requests turned in, materials waiting to be picked up, books currently checked out to patron.
- Length of loans is determined by the lending library. Some materials can be renewed. Renewal Requests must be made 7 days prior to the due date.
- All Interlibrary Loan requests must be in compliance with U.S. Copyright Law.
- OVERDUE INTERLIBRARY LOAN ITEMS DO ACCUMULATE FINES!